Presenting IRV in a clear yet entertaining manner is an important step in building support for IRV in your community. Download and distribute the fliers and factsheets in this section or link to our multimedia content.
- "Faster Cheaper Better" brochure on improving runoffs. Color (.pdf 255kB); black & white (.pdf 218kB)
- "Make Your Vote Count" brochure - an introduction to IRV (.pdf 97kB
- "What is IRV and why do we need it?" brochure (.pdf 183kB)
- Una guía simple sobre Instant Runoff Voting (.pdf): Lado 1 (33kB), Lado 2 (34kB)
- A ballot count flow chart: a graphical explanation of the vote counting procedure (.pdf 12.3kB)
- Fact Sheet on Improving Runoff Elections (.pdf 83.3kB)
- An illustrated guide to conducting a hand count of IRV ballots in San Francisco (.pdf 180kB)
- Guide to counting IRV ballots on an ES&S optical scan machine created by the North Carolina Board of Elections and FairVote's one page summary of the procedure
- The Muppets Use IRV! See how it works. (.ppt 2.91mB)
- Power Point Presentation on IRV in Florida (.ppt 197kB)
- A power point presentation from Eureka, CA; it can easily be adapted for your town (.ppt 222kB)
- Power Point on IRV in Vermont, created by Secretary of State Deborah Markowitz
IRV Flash Animation
Instant Runoff Voting (IRV) is a method of voting that eliminates the problems found in plurality and runoff elections. Voters rank the candidates on their ballots and the runoff occurs instantly. IRV eliminates the "spoiler" problem, ensures majority support for the winning candidate, saves taxpayer money, promotes higher voter turnout and discourages mud-slinging campaigns.
Click one of the links below to see how IRV elections work, and be sure to view FairVote's own presentation directly below.
- How FairVote fixes the "spoiler problem" - as explained by cartoons
- "Instant Runoff Voting" interactive flash site by Chris Gates
- "IRV, Easy as 1-2-3" by the San Francisco Yes on A Campaign
- "I Heart IRV" to support Yes on 3 in Pierce County, WA
- "Elect-a-Date" from the Minneapolis Better Ballot Campaign