Fixing Broken Presidential Elections with "NPV"
First detailed in FairVote's Presidential Elections Inequallity, current state laws governing the Electoral College have a perverse impact on equality FairVote's new Not Your Parents' Presidential Elections shows how swing states have declined sharply, while our presidential tracker blog shows how swing states get the most White House attention. These reports refute the myth that the current rules lead presidents and candidates to reach out to all states.
The National Popular Vote plan would make every vote meaningful. Today it passed the Rhode Island State Senate 30-4. Last week it passed the Delaware house and New York state senate. Soon it will add to its eight state victories.
- 'Not Your Parents' Presidential Election' report
- Presidential tracker blog: It's back to Ohio
- News release from National Popular Vote on advances in DE & NY
- Commentary: Hartford Courant editorial, Tom Elias column, Hendrik Hertzberg blog
- New: Associated Press on Rhode Island & op-ed by Delaware House Speaker