FairVote Releases Cutting Edge Research
Winter has come and gone, and FairVote is springing into action. Here's the latest:
- FairVote holds its National Democracy Slam on April 22! We'll explore 17 bold ideas for breaking partisan gridlock, ending gerrymandering, and improving America's elections and politics. Speakers include US Congress members and community organizers. Join the conversation with #DemocracySlam!
- Ranked choice voting encourages civility and positive campaigning, and voters support it, according to new FairVote research. Our team worked with the Eagleton Poll at Rutgers University and a core team of four academics led by Professor Caroline Tolbert of the University of Iowa.
- FairVote and the Bipartisan Policy Center released a new report, Best Practices for Collaborative Policymaking. FairVote researchers examine state legislatures and identify and recommend rules/practices that can empower bipartisan cooperation.
- Michael Golden's new book, Unlock Congress, highlights FairVote's innovative solutions to congressional gridlock. Copies now available for sale!
- FairVote's Executive Director Rob Richie wrote an editorial for the Huffington Post on the continued need for electoral reform in places like Ferguson, despite increased voter turnout numbers.
- Ranked choice voting in Maine is turning heads and gaining support. Recent media pieces include an editorial from the USM Free Press and this Letter to the Editor from the Seacoast Online.
- Check out FairVote's Blogspot site for quick access to important election reform news.
Catch the FairVote Reformer for the latest updates on systemic election reform.