Content Categorized with "Voter Turnout"
1 - 10 of 11 results
- Posted: November 2, 2015
- Author(s): Andrew Douglas
- Categories: Ranked Choice Voting, Ranked Choice Voting in Bay Area Elections, FairVote Research on Local Elections, Research & Analysis, Home, FairVote, Voter Turnout, All Reports
A recent study on the impact of RCV in San Francisco presents some surprising findings on differences in turnout between racial groups that contradict previous research on the subject. In this report, we take a closer look at the study and find serious methodological flaws that cast doubt on its findings.
- Posted: August 31, 2015
- Categories: Ranked Choice Voting, National Popular Vote, Presidential Elections, Reforms, Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, Research & Analysis, Home, Redistricting, Voter Turnout, All Reports, Districts Plus
Comparative Structural Reform presents an extensive assessment of the potential impact of 37 structural reforms to election laws and legislative structures in collaboration with 14 prominent political scholars. Scholars participating in the project are authorities on electoral reform and legislative functionality, with extensive collective expertise and mastery of both quantitative and qualitative approaches to the study of American legislatures, elections and electoral rules. Each of the participating scholars was asked to assess each reform’s impact on 16 different criteria fitting within four topline categories: legislative functionality, electoral accountability, voter engagement, and openness of process. Scholars were compensated for their participation. All scholars responded to all eleven surveys and provided a wealth of insightful comments, new sources, and useful information in addition to their well-considered ratings of each reform.
- Posted: April 9, 2015
- Author(s): Rob Richie
- Categories: Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, FairVote Research on Local Elections, Home, Universal Voter Registration, Voter Turnout
Voter turnout in city council elections in Ferguson (MO) increased, and its elected representation is more reflective of its citizenry. But it's not time to celebrate. Executive director Rob Richie analyzes this story as part of disturbing trend in local voter turnout.
- Posted: July 11, 2014
- Author(s): Rebecca Hellmich, Rebecca Hellmich
- Categories: Research & Analysis, Redistricting, FairVote, Voter Turnout, Voter Preregistration
Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal in May signed a law establishing voting pre-registration for 16-year-olds. The law features an innovative "opt-out" approach to voter registration that will further boost registration and participation. Louisiana has a history of such innovative election policy.
- Posted: July 8, 2014
- Author(s): Nicholas Golden, Bogdan Popescu, Anthony Ramicone
- Categories: Fair Voting/Proportional Representation, International Elections, Voter Turnout, Elections Worldwide
While the FIFA World Cup will decide the best soccer team in the world, the World Cup of Democracy will decide the best democracy in the world. See how the tournament played out after the jump.
FairVote’s research team just updated Monopoly Politics’ state profiles. This report pinpoints shortcomings of winner-take-all elections and proposes a roadmap for a better democracy with fair representation voting. Its 50-state analysis assesses each state’s representational makeup and compares them with FairVote’s fair representation voting plans.Take a look to see where your state stands.