Content Authored by Right to Vote Blog
11 - 15 of 15 results
The Constitutional Right To Vote Blog:The Debate over Voter Identification at the Polls: Expanding our Vision
- Posted: February 14, 2011
- Author(s): , Rob Richie, Right to Vote Blog
- Categories: Right to Vote Amendment, Home, FairVote
The right to vote is at the heart of representative democracy. Upholding that right requires that every eligible voter should have easy access to voting, every vote should be tallied accurately and no ineligible vote should be cast. Both limiting access to voting and allowing fraudulent votes undercut determination of the "consent of the governed."
- Posted: January 20, 2011
- Author(s): , Jo McKeegan, Right to Vote Blog
- Categories: Right to Vote Amendment, Felon Disenfranchisement, FairVote
Iowa is a poster child for what it means to fail to protect our right to vote in the U.S. Constitution: fundamental democratic rights can then be tossed around like a political football.
- Posted: October 21, 2010
- Author(s): , , Right to Vote Blog
- Categories: Right to Vote Amendment, Felon Disenfranchisement
We must elevate the right to vote to the same standing as other fundamental democratic rights, such as freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly. Our vote is our voice. Each day brings new examples of why such protections are needed, which will be frequently chronicled in this blog.