Content Categorized with "Reforms"
51 - 53 of 53 results
- Posted: March 15, 2010
- Author(s): Geoffrey Porter
- Categories: Reforms, Research & Analysis, Home, All Reports
Last week, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and nine states filed a Lawsuit against Election Systems and Software (ES&S), the largest supplier of voting machines in the U.S., in response to the purchase, last year, of its biggest competitor, Premier Election Solutions.
- Posted: February 26, 2010
- Author(s): Pauline Lejeune
- Categories: Reforms, Learning Democracy, Home, Universal Voter Registration, FairVote
Yesterday, the Maryland Senate Education, Health & Environmental Committee held a public hearing on several election bills. FairVote’s Right to Vote Director Adam Fogel testified in favor of two of the bills that are sponsored by Sen. Jamie Raskin (D-20):
- SB 292, which will set a uniform voter registration age of 16
- SB 293, which will establish a permanent absentee ballot list.